|Buying and selling businesses
Many people aspire to acquire their own business but when you have a business there are many pitfalls and hurdles to avoid, not to mention government hoops to jump through. It is essential that you get the best advice which takes into account your goals and protects you before you commit to buying a purchase.
Hayman Lawyers can give you comprehensive advice on all aspects of buying and selling businesses.
When you sell a business, it is important to obtain good advice so that the transaction can be structured to your best advantage.
We can assist you with:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts
- Advice on leases
- Financing your business
- Warranties on performance and turnover
- malcolm and plant valuations
- Apportionment of goodwill
- GST and other taxation implications
- Risk and insurance options
- Intellectual property (trademarks and copyright issues)
- Competition restraints
- Joint venture, partnership and shareholder agreements
For practical and comprehensive advice, contact Roger Hayman, John Evans or Wendy Lindsay.